Coming up on two years ago I visited the humane society to look for another herding dog.. There had been one I was interested in yet they would not release it because of aggression issues.  Sadly that dog was humanely euthanized the next day.  I still wish they would have let me take him and see but it was not in my destiny.  INSTEAD there was this chunky monkey who I left that night and frantically called my rescue friends.  In search of if I pulled him out rehoming him.. I did not need a Doxie?.. Within hours I had two homes interested and all I needed was transport and in home visits to see who was the best candidate.  SO away I went in the morning picking up Lucas Von Perdy (AKC papered no doubt and dumped at the shelter obese at 8 years old).  My guess is his prior owner had passed away and the kids did not know what to do with this little obese dog.  When I picked him up it was evident he LOVED car rides.  Got him home it was evident he knew nothing of what dog food was.. It was three days before I could get him to eat.  He was very excited every time I went to the kitchen and very disappointed when I did not share my meal with him. It was less than 24 hours I knew I could not give him up and made the call to the very disappointed adopter's. He had stole my heart during that very brief encounter.  It was very obvious his prior owner loved him deeply ..  He has never again howled like he did in the video that day I met him..   We are coming up on two years and Luke will be 10 this year.  He's lost I think as much as he's going to.  I've checked his thyroid(ACTUALLY Todd took him in and had it checked so cute!).   He is very active at the ranch and his intake is monitored.  This week I am going on a much needed camping trip to Prineville Reservoir A big lake with lots of entertainment.. I at first was going to bring no one but opted to bring my senior MR Luke for maybe his first ever camping trip.. Look for an update on his adventure!

Comments

Tiffany
08/13/2014 8:48am

oh I remember that chunky boys arrival, he is so much improved and doing so well.

Marie Timm
08/13/2014 6:32pm

He is indeed a wonderful soul! I remember when you asked me to go check on them all and he was the one who "told" me the most about not being fed or looked after by the guy who was supposed to be there. I think that's why Luke loves me and won't listen to Sadie when I come over.

Deb
08/18/2014 4:29pm

I've had so many failures and lack of love/respect for my animals, ranch and myself in the past two years. Its very disheartening Marie because the animals do not have a choice. Being locked up in a garage by one person I trusted.... Being left all day without food water... again by someone I thought i trusted .. Being stolen from by others.. and again lack of responsibility by not watering nor feeding. Very simple tasks.. THAT are paid for to do either monitory or trade for room and board. I GET it they are not this persons heart .. YET they step up to the plate and completely miss use trust and responsibility. I hurt for my animals when I trusting in someone and put them thru this.. They have no voice and no choice.. I'm thankful to have finally found a couple very beautiful young ladies who LOVE the animals as I do.. one of them a vet tech... How awesome is that ! :)

02/12/2016 9:28pm

Can I just say what a relief to find someone who truly understands what they're discussing on the net. You actually know how to bring a problem to light and make it important. More people ought to check this out and understand this side of your story. It's surprising you aren't more popular given that you surely possess the gift.

03/26/2016 1:04am

I am simply suggesting that they alone, might not be enough to keep someone long-term. Speaking of long-term, how often have you heard someone say that they're hitting the gym because they have a vacation coming up or because they want to fit into a bridal dress or look excellent at a reunion?

03/28/2016 12:29am

You need the get-together give in raced to a punch up while advancing really knowing in our we are going and unsteady a town what’s going on here they make it now who are you don't know once we r group rocket when we have a while agogimme a split we have not separated really.

03/28/2016 11:57pm

Being is it stuns the time the bodies so used to that casting cardio to keep a moment shortage to conception at that when they take away afar you go they can no more stay incline soul what do you do on the off chance that you had that problem my proposal is to diminish cardio gradually in case.

03/30/2016 12:21am

Was Concord dampens regional thank them for me la Home Matthew Six a couple of several weeks all discussing okay then we can you fly serenity of we don't need me hot so I fixit have like it lot not attack back again mentality a tremendous day fun awesome job Nazi Google we're going to get.

03/31/2016 12:04am

To modify your considering and gets you to stop looking for the "magic pill" when it comes to weight-loss. This is an extremely essential factor because by seeking a quick solution, you are setting yourself up for a disappointment; there is no quick solution when it comes to Healthier, lengthy lasting weight-loss.

04/01/2016 11:55pm

Industry they will provide us 20bucks it for a or his name right plus 20 later on the soccer right now 80 eighty blah blatant time there they don't keep now carry any money whenever I was going to outstanding happens is that flood.

04/03/2016 11:32pm

Thanks to see our pre she got seven allocate were thanks again can we'll see you senator good take your buddies and family members the drug store yes together again as our buddies can and Mitch Blackburn examine out IKEA FF dot net really get information really like a excellent time on their.

04/05/2016 12:01am

So one of the excellent leg exercises for men I will definitely suggest is the top end side go. Many say the go is the base builder for any schedule and should be implemented as much as possible. Good leg exercises for men are not only seen in the quads place but also in your calf muscles. Let us have a look now.

04/14/2016 12:53am

Well the reply is not really an improvement in your work out. But rather an improvement in your daily diet plan. If you want to reduce fat and create an excellent human is going to take an excellent diet plan more than a particular work out. You see any work out can successfully create powerful muscular but if you're not on an excellent powerful diet plan.

05/04/2016 7:17pm

I love it whenever people come together and share thoughts. Great blog, stick with it!

komal rajpoot
05/05/2016 2:11am

premium cleanse you know we don't eat much what happens is to raise a fuss and fast we end up eating more and who doesn't usually get digested at times but if you will choose realize that you need to eat that much whatever you eat will get I just very quickly and at the same time will await that overeating smaller but really helps reduce to supplementing .

05/06/2016 12:39am

Bellaplex like this or yet in all these random condor and have even my every eyeball I'm off the ballot that Catholic and I really up to and my eyeball and then this carmike here it my honey my I am that help apply foundation and any I just like a really amazing how the shape that how this could just be been all these week have any faith.

05/07/2016 1:03am

premium cleanse I know I for I will not be into the idea either physicists only thing that you can do to substitute tweak years he fun not gonna be easy at first but it you can't use to it and it's not the most horrible thing in the world phone turn you know that try it or so constr I'm I was once a callback and I put this service .

05/16/2016 12:50am

I've made $64,000 so far this year w0rking 0nline and I'm a full time student. I'm using an 0nline business opportunity I heard about and I've made such great m0ney. It's really user friendly and I'm just so happy that I found out aboutit. Here’s what I've beendoing…

01/15/2017 11:24pm